Possum Magic Low Prep Craft


One day each week I have the role of supporting other teachers and students within their classrooms. It is a wonderful role and I feel very privileged to be able to spend the day with other teachers and be an active participant in their classroom and pedagogy.

The second grade classroom I visit is always a hive of activity and the classroom displays reflect the teacher's dedication and passion for education. I asked her if I could share some photos from her classroom. Here are some adorable possums her students made after reading Possum Magic by Mem Fox. 


Real foliage has been added to the line where each possum is attached - and the effect is well worth the additional effort.  


This low prep craft was made using paper plates painted with grey paint and template pieces. I do not know the location of the template pieces - perhaps try a google search. 


Hopefully these will inspire you to create some possum magic in your classroom too!

No comments

Post a Comment